Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Roma Tomato

I started with a 4" starter plant, La Roma Tomato from Tanasacres Nursery. I planted my roma directly into the garden in full sun with a trellis to climb. Roma's are one of the best Italian -type tomatoes known for its outstanding vigor and heavy yields. (right top) My Roma Tomatoe on June 22, 2009, it is about 3' feet tall and is starting to flower. (right bottom) My Roma Tomato plant on August 22, 2009, new fruit. I have already harvested around 20 tomatoes from this plant. The tomatoes are very sweet and plump.

Growing Tips: Roma Tomatoes prefer full sun and consistent soil moisture. Water regularly throughout summer. Starting in August, water every other day. Space plants 24" - 36" apart in rows 36" - 48" apart.

Harvesting: Roma Tomatoes mature in 62 days, pick when fruit is bright red and firm.

No comments:

Post a Comment