Friday, July 10, 2009

Triple Curled Parsley

I started with seeds of Triple Curled Parsley (Petroselinum hortensis) from Seed Savers Heirloom Seeds. This particular seed pack was packed in 2008 and is a biennial. I started my seeds indoors in pods, while sprouting they were kept covered in a dark room and once leaves started to develop, I moved the plants into a sunny window, uncovered. The plants at about 3" tall were transplanted into a terra-cotta pot and kept in the sunny window until they were strong enough to be moved outdoors to full sun. (right) My Curled Parsley on July 2, 2009 after moving outside.

Growing Tips: Curled Parsley prefers full sun to partial shade and well drained, rich soil.

Seeding: Sow seeds outdoors 1/4" deep when there is still a chance of a light frost (or sow indoors year-round). Seeds germinate in 14-21 days.

Harvesting: Harvest Parsley anytime after 30 days when leaves are curly and green. Trim off and use as needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment